Another Great Response to the Exec Council
June 16, 2007
… comes from the Episcopal Majority. A snippit is below:
What our leaders have done is what a devoted, mature parent would do within a family torn apart by discord and allegations of disloyalty to the family:
- They affirmed our love for ourselves and for those who want to reorder our family on their terms, not ours.
- They promised a process that will be fair and that will honor our several traditions without violating any of them.
- They affirmed that we will not sacrifice any member of our family.
- They acknowledged and reiterated the kind of boundaries that are necessary for us to continue serving God as the family God is calling us to be.
- They accomplished all this as spiritual adults, not blaming, not making excuses – but reassuring us all that the family will continue to be a family, one which will thrive.
Read it all here.
And don’t miss this entertaining entry as well.